- Born March 1 , 1994 · London, Ontario, Canada
- Birth name Justin Drew Bieber
- Height 5′ 9″ (1.75 m)
- Justin Drew Bieber was born on March 1, 1994 at St. Joseph's Hospital in London, Ontario, Canada and was raised in Stratford, Ontario. He is the son of Pattie Mallette and Jeremy Bieber . He is of French-Canadian, Irish, German, English, and Scottish descent. He has three younger half-siblings via his father. Growing up, he showed a strong interest in music and taught himself to play many instruments, including, guitar, drums, piano and trumpet. His mother began posting videos of him performing musically on YouTube. The videos soon built up a fan following and caught the attention of talent agent Scooter Braun . Braun was able to secure an impromptu audition with Usher , who was impressed and helped Bieber to sign a record deal. In 2009, his first single, "One Time", was a worldwide hit and was certified Platinum in Canada and the United States. This was followed by his debut EP album, "My World", which was also an international success. He became the first artist to have seven songs from a debut record chart on the Billboard Hot 100. In 2010, he released his first full-length studio album, My World 2.0. He also released a successful concert film, Justin Bieber: Never Say Never (2011) . In 2012, he released his third studio album, Believe. In 2015, he released his fourth studio album, Purpose. He has won a Grammy Award and an American Music Award. He has been listed numerous times by Forbes magazine among the "Top Ten Most Powerful Celebrities in the World." He has sold an estimated 140 million records, making him one of the world's best-selling music artists. - IMDb Mini Biography By: Anonymous
- Spouse Hailey Bieber (September 14, 2018 - present)
- Parents Pattie Mallette Jeremy Bieber Erin Wagner Chelsey Bieber
- Relatives Jazmyn Bieber (Half Sibling) Jaxon Bieber (Half Sibling) Kathy Bieber (Grandparent) George Bieber (Grandparent) Bonnie Bieber (Aunt or Uncle) Brad Bieber (Aunt or Uncle) Rob Bieber (Aunt or Uncle) Bay Bieber (Half Sibling)
- "The Bieber" hairstyle.
- his many tattoos
- He taught himself to play the guitar, drums and piano.
- He was Google's most-searched person in 2011.
- During his Japan tour in 2014, his selfie paying a reverence in front of Yasukuni Shrine with the caption "Thank you for your blessings" was highly criticized since that place is a controversial monument which enshrines the souls of many Japanese war criminals - a fact the singer didn't know.
- He has performed for President Barack Obama twice.
- He has an astigmatism and wears glasses for it.
- I'm crazy, I'm nuts. Just the way my brain works. I'm not normal. I think differently. My mind is always racing.
- [never plans on becoming an American citizen] You guys are evil. Canada's the best country in the world. We go to the doctor and we don't need to worry about paying him, but here, your whole life, you're broke because of medical bills. My bodyguard's baby was premature, and now he has to pay for it. In Canada, if your baby's premature, he stays in the hospital as long as he needs to, and then you go home.
- I want to be a young dad. By 25 or 26 I want to see myself, like, married or start looking for a family.
- All our decisions are based on long-term decisions. We use Michael ( Michael Jackson ) as a template. The things he did for his career - a lot of the times it's was good, some of the times it was bad - but he was successful from being young to being old. That's what I want to get to. I don't want to grow up and lose my young fans, singing inappropriate music.
- My voice always wanted to do runs, vocal acrobatics. Rather than make music that everyone else is making, with the same four-on-the-floor beat, I have a chance to change music. There's only a certain amount if people that can do that.
Contribute to this page
- Learn more about contributing
More from this person
- View agent, publicist, legal and company contact details on IMDbPro
More to explore
Justin Bieber is a Grammy Award-winning Canadian pop star who was discovered via YouTube. His latest hits include "Let Me Love You," "Despacito (Remix)" and "I'm the One."
Who Is Justin Bieber?
Bieber went on to become the first solo artist to have four singles enter the Top 40 before the release of a debut album. His 2009 album, My World , went platinum in several countries. He later experienced significant media exposure from offensive activity. Nonetheless, the singer made his comeback in 2015 with his first number one song, "What Do You Mean?" His 2017 collaboration with Luis Fonsi , “Despacito,” broke the all-time record for most consecutive weeks at the number one spot on the Top 100. Bieber broke another record in early 2020 when the success of Changes made him the youngest artist to have seven albums reach the top spot on the Billboard Hot 200.
According to Wealthy Gorilla , Justin Bieber’s net worth is $285 million as of 2019, thanks to his music sales, merchandise, product endorsements, touring and other business ventures.
Justin Bieber and Hailey Baldwin
After Bieber and model Hailey Baldwin were frequently spotted together during the summer of 2018, TMZ reported that the two had gotten engaged during a dinner in the Bahamas on July 7. The lovebirds had previously dated before splitting in 2016, even enduring a "long period of time when we weren't friends," according to Bieber, before rekindling their friendship and then their romance.
Bieber and Baldwin reportedly obtained a marriage license at a New York City courthouse on September 13, 2018, just two months after getting engaged. According to TMZ, Bieber was overheard saying, “I can’t wait to marry you, baby." Later that year he confirmed he was a married man.
On September 30, 2019, the couple held a second, larger marriage ceremony at the Montage Palmetto Bluff in Bluffton, South Carolina.
Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez
Teen idol Justin Bieber broke the hearts of many of his young female fans in 2010 when he started dating television actress and singer Selena Gomez . It wasn't easy for Gomez to be Bieber's girlfriend, as she was accosted by some of his devoted followers. There were even death threats posted against her on Twitter after the pair was photographed kissing while on a 2011 vacation. The couple ended their relationship in November 2012, though they remained in touch on and off. In November 2017, Bieber and Gomez were spotted together publicly several times, stoking rumors that they had gotten back together.
Gomez's chart-topping ballad "Lose You to Love Me," released in fall 2019, was speculated to be about her relationship with Bieber.
Justin Bieber’s Albums and Songs
Bieber’s debut album, My World , hit stores in November 2009, selling more than 137,000 copies within a week. In 2010, Bieber released My World 2.0 , which offered his growing fan base 10 new songs. Never Say Never was released in 2011, with a holiday album, Under the Mistletoe , coming out the same year. In 2012, the album Believe sold 374,000 copies in its first week, before the disappointment of the following year's Journals , a downbeat album without a hit single.
Bieber made a big comeback in 2015 with Purpose , which became his fifth million-selling record in the U.S. by the end of the year . Following the release of Changes in February 2020, the 25-year-old became the youngest artist to have seven albums reach the top spot on the Billboard Hot 200, breaking the record once held by a 26-year-old Elvis Presley .
Some of Bieber’s hit songs include:
Bieber's first single, "One Time," went certified platinum in his native Canada shortly after its release in May 2009.
Bieber broke into the Billboard Top 10 in early 2010 with "Baby," which also featured rapper Ludacris .
“All I Want for Christmas Is”
In 2011, Bieber released an album featuring his own take on such holiday classics as "All I Want For Christmas Is," his duet with Mariah Carey .
Bieber had another hit single in April 2012 with "Boyfriend," which appeared on his 2012 album Believe .
"Beauty and a Beat"
In October 2012, amid controversy over his offensive behavior, Bieber released another Top 10 hit with this party anthem featuring Nicki Minaj .
“Where Are Ü Now”
Bieber nailed a summer Top 10 hit with the Diplo and Skrillex collaboration "Where Are Ü Now" in 2015, helmed by R&B songwriter Poo Bear. In 2016, Bieber landed his first Grammy, winning for "Where Are Ü Now" in the category of Best Dance Recording.
“What Do You Mean?”
In October 2015, Bieber landed his first No. 1 single with "What Do You Mean?," also produced with Poo Bear.
In January 2017, Puerto Rican singer-songwriter Luis Fonsi released the hit “Despacito” on YouTube; the video soon became the most-watched video of all time on YouTube. A few months later, after hearing the song in a nightclub in Colombia, Justin Bieber asked Fonsi to collaborate on a remix. Their song went on to hit the number one spot on the Hot 100; after 16 consecutive weeks in the top spot, it broke the all-time record as the longest-standing chart-topping song in August 2017.
"I Don't Care"
Thanks in part to a surreal video, Bieber enjoyed more success with this spring 2019 collaboration with Ed Sheeran , a breezy track which went to No. 1 in several countries and topped out at No. 2 on the Billboard Hot 100.
When and Where Was He Born?
Justin Bieber was born on March 1, 1994, in the small town of Stratford, Ontario, Canada.
Justin Bieber has said he’s 5-foot-9-inches tall. However based on photographs of the star next to other celebrities, there has been speculation that he measures in at 5-foot-7-inches.
Justin Bieber’s Dad and Mom
Justin Bieber was raised by a single mom. His dad, Jeremy Bieber, left to start a family with another woman. According to some media reports, Justin and his father weren’t close growing up; his dad has been at times described as being a “deadbeat” who only resurfaced after Justin achieved YouTube fame. Jeremy reportedly considered becoming a rapper himself and has struggled with addiction problems. It was also reported that Justin had been partying with his dad just before his January 2014 arrest for driving under the influence of alcohol and drugs.
Despite their allegedly complicated relationship, Justin has maintained that he and his dad are close. In 2010, 16-year-old Justin told Seventeen magazine: “I have a great relationship with my dad. When I was younger, he taught me how to play some songs on the guitar, like ‘Knockin’ on Heaven’s Door’ by Bob Dylan .” Justin’s first tattoo, a seagull that he got in 2010, matches one his father has.
In February 2016, Justin told GQ magazine, “I’m a lot closer to my dad than I am to my mum.” Two months later, Justin attended a party to celebrate his dad’s engagement to girlfriend Chelsey Rebelow. When Jeremy became a father again in August 2018, Justin welcomed little sister Bay to the family.
YouTube & Rise to Fame
Bieber always had an interest in music. His mother gave him a drum kit for his second birthday and, as he tells it, he was "basically banging on everything I could get my hands on." But it was an obscure talent contest in his hometown, in which the 12-year-old Bieber finished second that put him on the road to superstardom. As a way to share his singing with family, Justin and his mom began posting clips of Bieber performing covers of Stevie Wonder , Michael Jackson and Ne-Yo on YouTube.
Within months, Justin was an Internet sensation, with a large following of fans and an eager manager arranging for the teenager to fly to Atlanta to consider a record deal. There, Bieber had a chance meeting with Usher, who eventually signed the young singer to a contract.
Calvin Klein Ad
In the spring of 2015, Justin Bieber was featured in a prominent Calvin Klein ad with Dutch model Lara Stone. The shots, which show a grown-up Bieber stripped down to his underwear, were a fan favorite.
A year later, Bieber was featured in another Calvin Klein ad campaign, this time with model and reality star Kendall Jenner .
'Never Say Never' Movie
In 2011, Bieber took to the big screen in the concert documentary Never Say Never . His fans crowded movie theaters to catch him in action on stage and get a glimpse of his life behind the scenes. The movie, which eventually earned more than $73 million at the box office, also had guest appearances by Kanye West , Miley Cyrus and Bieber's musical mentor Usher.
While still only in his teens, Bieber survived his first public scandal. A woman filed suit against Bieber in 2011, claiming that he was the father of her child. But a DNA test proved that the young pop star was not the father and the woman dropped her lawsuit. Bieber sang about the scandal in the song "Maria."
That was only the beginning of a string of scandals, bad behavior and unfavorable press for the young pop artist. In March 2013, Bieber's neighbor accused the singer of spitting on him, in addition to making threatening comments. Two months later, denizens of Bieber's neighborhood in Calabasas, California, complained that he was driving too fast in a residential area.
On April 15, 2013, Bieber visited a museum in Amsterdam that paid tribute to Anne Frank . Upon writing that the young Holocaust victim "would have been a Belieber," he faced more backlash from the public. On July 9, 2013, his image was scrutinized once again after he was recorded urinating in a janitor's bucket and yelling "F--- Bill Clinton ," holding a photo of the former president. Although he later apologized, his previously squeaky clean image began to tarnish even more.
On January 14, 2014, Bieber's home in California was searched after he was accused of egging a neighbor's house. Nine days later, Bieber was arrested for suspicion of drag racing and driving under the influence. After a Breathalyzer test showed that Bieber wasn't sober, he was taken into custody where he stayed until he posted bail, which was set at $2,500. The charges were eventually reduced to resisting arrest.
As he matured into his 20s, Bieber seemed intent on cleaning up his act and largely managed to avoid embarrassing incidents. However, the pop star still drew attention for his personal issues, particularly when it was reported in February 2019 that he was being treated for depression.
Bieber confirmed his situation in March, posting a photo to Instagram of himself praying with Kanye West, with the caption: "Just wanted to keep you guys updated a little bit hopefully what I’m going through will resonate with you guys. Been struggling a lot. Just feeling super disconnected and weird.. I always bounce back so I’m not worried just wanted to reach out and ask for your guys to pray for me. God is faithful and ur prayers really work thanks .. the most human season I’ve ever been in facing my stuff head on.."
In a January 2020 Instagram post, Bieber revealed that he had recently battled a case of mononucleosis and been diagnosed with Lyme disease.
Docuseries: 'Justin Bieber: Seasons'
In late January 2020, the artist debuted his 10-part YouTube docuseries, Justin Bieber: Seasons . The first episode, titled "Leaving the Spotlight," focused on his retreat from the public eye after cancelling the final weeks of a tour in 2017 and his journey back to recording again, with later episodes delving into his marriage and battles with depression.
- Name: Justin Bieber
- Birth Year: 1994
- Birth date: March 1, 1994
- Birth City: Stratford, Ontario
- Birth Country: Canada
- Gender: Male
- Best Known For: Justin Bieber is a Grammy Award-winning Canadian pop star who was discovered via YouTube. His hits include "Let Me Love You," "Despacito (Remix)" and "I'm the One."
- Astrological Sign: Pisces
- Interesting Facts
- Justin Bieber signed his first record deal with Usher.
- Bieber first starting sharing YouTube clips of himself singing, as a means of sharing his talent with friends and family.
Fact Check: We strive for accuracy and fairness. If you see something that doesn’t look right, contact us !
- My world got very big, very fast and based on a lot of sad examples—people expect me to get lost in it.
- The journey is just beginning.
- I'm learning about myself a lot more, especially about growing up. I'm growing up in the business. I'm 18. I'm still not fully a man. I'm a man, but I'm still, like, growing up and learning. I just feel like right now is a perfect time for me.
- To all the haters out there, I wish you the best. You can't bring me down. I wake up everyday grateful for the opportunity and grateful to the fans.
- I'm telling you, people. Every day we wake up is another blessing. Follow your dreams and don't let anyone stop you. Never say Never.
- I'm not sure about parties, but whatever they have in Korea, that's bad.
- Young people in this business have grown up and made the wrong decisions, or bad decisions, and haven't been good role models. To be someone that people look up to is important to me.
- I'm 19 with 5 No. 1 albums. Nineteen and I've seen the whole world. Nineteen and I've accomplished more than I could've ever dreamed of. I'm 19, and it must be scary for some people to think that this is just the beginning.
- I know who I am, I'm very much in control. I don't need to address every speculation. Remember when Cam'ron dissed Jay-Z? Jay-Z didn't even respond. Why didn't he respond, because he is Jay-Z.
- "Truly inspiring to be able to come here. Anne [Frank] was a great girl. Hopefully she would have been a belieber,"[A controversial comment written by Bieber in the guestbook of the Anne Frank House.]
A Look Inside Taylor Swift's Magical Eras Tour
The True Story of Leonard Bernstein’s Marriage
Sean “Diddy” Combs
- Justin Bieber
- 2009 My World
- 2010 My World 2.0
- 2010 My World Acoustic
- Justin's middle name is Drew.
- He performed for President Obama at the White House Christmas special.
- He performed on the New Year's Rockin' Eve show.
- He likes to play chess.
- Won many awards in 2010 including the Artist of the Year on the American Music Awards.
- He was a guest star on the TV show CSI.
- His favorite sports are hockey and soccer.
- Abigail Breslin
- Jonas Brothers
- Miranda Cosgrove
- Miley Cyrus
- Selena Gomez
- David Henrie
- Michael Jackson
- Demi Lovato
- Bridgit Mendler
- Elvis Presley
- Jaden Smith
- Brenda Song
- Dylan and Cole Sprouse
- Taylor Swift
- Bella Thorne
- Oprah Winfrey
In Celebration of the Human Voice - The Essential Musical Instrument
Justin Bieber Biography
Justin used to sit outside a theatre in Stratford Ontario, famous for the Shakespeare Festival, and play the guitar and sing for crowds that would gather. He always had either one of his grandparents or mom with him as he was too young to hang out there alone. Bieber had many videos of himself singing at various venues on youtube - his mom videotaped all his performances along the way. When people would call and ask about managing his career, his mom was reluctant because of the horror stories everyone hears about young stars.
Justin was discovered singing on youtube.com by his agent, who quickly arranged for him to fly to Georgia to meet with Usher. Just a short time later, the young star, who has two top tens on youtube, signed with Island Records.
Christian | Musicals | Doo Wop | Barbershop | World | Choral | Contemporary | Vocal Jazz
Vintage | Musical Theater | Disney | Standards | Personality | Part Predominant CDs
Groups | Directors | Composers | Songwriters | Arrangers | Vocal Coaches
Arrangements | Solo Voice | Christmas | DVDs | Instructional for Singers | New Additions
The Harmony Sweepstakes A Cappella Festival
FAQ | Site Map
Regional A Cappella
This item will be permanently removed and cannot be recovered. Delete anyways?
All Rights Reserved All Content, page design, CGI Copyright © United Singers International
Justin Bieber Biography
Justin Drew Bieber, known in the music world as Justin Bieber, is a Canadian singer and songwriter, renowned for being one of the most famous singers in the world. He was born on March 1, 1994, in London, Ontario, Canada and is the son of Jeremy Jack Bieber and Pattie Mallette.
As a child, he showed an interest in hockey, football, and chess, but always maintained his interest in music for himself. As he grew up, he learned to play the piano, the drums, the guitar, and the trumpet in a self-taught way. At the age of 12, he participated in a singing contest in Stratford, where he won second place in the song “So Sick” by R & B singer Ne-Yo.
At the end of 2008, the mother of Justin Bieber uploaded some videos in which he appeared performing songs by Usher, Chris Brown, Stevie Wonder, Justin Timberlake, and Ne-Yo. Mr. Scooter Braun, an executive in the music industry, discovered Justin Bieber when he accidentally saw him in some videos on YouTube, admiring all his talent. In addition, he later became his manager. Braun reunited Justin with Usher in Atlanta, where he signed a musical contract with the Raymond Braun Media Group (RBMG) record label and a recording with Island Records offered by L.A. Reid.
He released his first single titled “One Time” on July 9, 2009, which was presented on the radio when he was recording his debut album. The song reached the twelfth position in the Canadian Hot 100 chart in its first week of release and subsequently reached the seventeenth position in the Billboard Hot 100 list. The song was very successful in international markets.
“The world is very big and everyone will be waiting for you to get lost in it”
In the month of November 2009, Justin Bieber released his first album titled “My World” which received positive reviews and a platinum certification by the RIAA. The singer became the first artist to have seven singles from a debut album on the Billboard Hot 100, concluding that this album definitely took him to stardom. In Christmas that same year, he sang for President Barack Obama and his family in the White House and at the end of the year, he was invited to an episode of the American television series True Jackson, VP.
In January 2010, Justin Bieber was presented at the Grammy Awards gala. On March 23 of that same year, he released his second album titled “My World 2.0” which reached number one on the Billboard in its first week, something that had never been achieved in a singer of his age, since the time of Stevie Wonder. In addition, in that album, it was emphasized by the international success “Baby.” In June 2010 he started his first tour called “My World Tour.”
Justin Bieber won the American Music Awards Artist of the Year Award in 2010 and was nominated for the 53rd Grammy Awards in the categories of Revelation Artist and Best Pop Album. On April 10 of that same year, he participated as an artist guest on the Saturday Night Live program. On July 4, on the occasion of the celebration of Independence Day of the United States, he gave a concert at the fireworks show at the Macy’s department store in New York, where he played “Baby” and “Somebody to Love.” The second single from his album My World 2.0, entitled “Somebody to Love” was released in April along with a remix of the same song, in collaboration with Usher. This simple one reached the tenth position in the musical lists of Canada, in the United States and in some countries it was placed in the twenty-first positions.
On September 12, 2010, he received the MTV Award for the best revelation artist for his single Baby. The following month he announced that he would publish an acoustic album called “My Worlds Acoustic” finally he released it on Black Friday in the United States. The album featured acoustic versions of their songs from previous albums and a new song titled “Pray.”
For the month of November 2011, Justin Bieber released his second studio album entitled “Under The Mistletoe” being number one on the Billboard 200 US chart. That same year he was listed by Forbes magazine as the third most influential celebrity of the world. At the end of 2011, he began recording his third studio album called “Believe.” On May 29 of the same year came the second promotional single called “Die in Your Arms” and was placed on the list of several countries, in the first hundred hit songs.
On June 19, 2012, the commercial launch of “Believe” was made in the United States, but in the United Kingdom and Canada, it was in previous days. On May 11 of that same year, on the celebration of Mother’s Day in North America, she published through iTunes the song “Turn to You” dedicated to her mother. In addition, he sought to collect funds for as single mothers.
For March 7, 2013, Justin Bieber had some health problems after fainting behind the scenes at the O2 Arena in London, during his performance he complained of respiratory problems and was taken to a hospital. In October of that same year, he announced that he would release a new song every Monday for ten weeks.
On January 23, 2014, Justin Bieber was captured in the city of Miami, along with the singer Khalil, on suspicion of driving intoxicated and resisting arrest without violence. Police said he confessed to having used alcohol, smoked marijuana, and prescription drugs. He was released on bail. On July 9 of that year, he was charged with vandalism in California, after throwing eggs at his neighbor’s house.
For August 28, 2015, Justin Bieber released the single titled “What Do You Mean?” which reached the number 1 position in more than 20 countries. On October 23 of that year, he released the second single from the album titled “Sorry” as an instant download, with the pre-order of the album in iTunes. The song debuted at number two on the Billboard Hot 100. On November 13 he released his album “Purpose” and debuted at number one on the Billboard 200, becoming his sixth album to debut at the top of the list. It was the fourth best-selling album of that year.
On July 22, 2016, Justin Bieber released a new single with Major Lazer and MØ titled “Cold Water.” He debuted at number two on the Billboard Hot 100 and became the third debut number two on the list.
Justin Bieber repeated the formula of his song “Sorry” and on August 17, 2017, he released his new song called “Friends” online.
- 2010: My World 2.0.
- 2011: Under the Mistletoe.
- 2012: Believe.
- 2015: Purpose.
- 2000: CSI: Las Vegas
- 2009: True Jackson VP.
- 2010: Silent Library.
- 2010: School Gyrls.
- 2010: CSI: Scene investigation.
- 2011: Justin Bieber: Never Say Never. – Musical, Documental.EU.
- 2011: Justin Bieber: Rise to fame. – Documentary film. The UK.
- 2011: Almost Famous IV. – Documentary film. The UK.
- 2012: The X Factor USA.
- 2012: Justin Bieber: All around the World. -A documentary, musical.
- 2013: The Simpsons.
- 2013: Believe. – Documentary film.
- 2015: Comedy Central Roast of Justin Bieber. – Documentary comedy.
- 2016: Zoolander 2 – Comedy.
- 2017: Objective: Hasselhoff. – Thriller.
- 2017: Chris Brown: Welcome To My Life. – Documentary film.
- MTV Europe Music Awards for Best Male Artist: 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015.
- MTV Video Music Awards for Best New Artist 2010.
- BET Award for New Artist 2010.
- American Music Award for Artist of the Year: 2010 and 2012.
- American Music Award for Favorite Male Rock / Pop Artist: 2010, 2012 and 2016.
- American Music Award to Favorite Rock / Pop Album, by My World 2.0: 2010.
- MTV Europe Music Awards for Best Pop Artist 2011.
- MTV Video Music Awards Japan Award for Best New Video, for “Baby”: 2011.
- MTV Video Music Awards Award for Best Male Video 2011.
- CMT Music Awards Award for Collaborative Video of the Year, by That Should Be Me (with Rascal Flatts): 2011.
- Billboard Music Award to the Public’s Favorite 2011.
- Billboard Music Award for Best Artist in Streaming 2011.
- Billboard Music Award for Best Pop Album, for My World 2.0: 2011.
- Billboard Music Award to Top Social Artist: 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015.
- American Music Award to Favorite Rock / Pop Album, by Believe 2.0: 2012.
- Billboard Music Award for Male Artist 2013.
- Philippine Walk of Fame 2014
- ASCAP Award for Most Interpreted Song, by Beauty And A Beat: 2014.
- MTV Video Music Awards Award for Best Visual Effects 2015.
- American Music Award for Collaboration of the Year: 2015.
- People’s Choice Awards for Best Song, for “What do you mean”: 2015.
- Latin American Music Award to Favorite Artist – Crossover 2016.
- Grammy Award for the best dance recording 2016.
- Brit Award for Male International Artist 2016.
- Billboard Music Award for Best Male Artist 2016.
- Billboard Music Award for Best Artist in Social Media 2016.
- American Music Award to Favorite Pop / Rock Song, for Love Yourself: 2016.
- American Music Award to Favorite Rock / Pop Album, by Purpose 2016.
- Danish Music Award to Årets Internationale Hit 2016.
- MTV Europe Music Awards to Song of the year, for Sorry: 2016.
- Much Music Video Awards for Favorite Artist or Group: 2016.
- ASCAP Award for Song most performed, by Cold wáter and Sorry: 2017.
- ASCAP Song of the Year Award, for Love yourself: 2017.
- iHeartRadio Music Awards for Male Artist of the Year 2017.
- iHeartRadio Music Awards to Dance Song of the Year, for Let Me Love You and Cold Water: 2017.
- iHeartRadio Music Awards to best fans 2017.
- Billboard Latin Music Artist of the Year Award, crossover: 2017.
Justin Bieber has received two Brit Awards, a Bambi Award, and his followings Res voted for prizes that include 12 American Music Awards, 20 Teen Choice Awards, and 21 MTV Europe Music Awards. In addition, he has won a Grammy Award and has 14 Guinness World Records.
You may like
Yahritza y Su Esencia
Fernando Botero Biography
Fernando Botero Angulo (April 19, 1932 – September 15, 2023) was a sculptor, painter, muralist, and draftsman, hailing from Medellín, Antioquia, Colombia. He was a Colombian artist known and celebrated for infusing a substantial volume to human and animal figures in his works.
Early Years and Beginnings
Fernando Botero was born into an affluent Paisa family , composed of his parents, David Botero and Flora Angulo, along with his older brother Juan David, who was four years his senior, and his younger brother, Rodrigo, who would be born four years after Fernando, in the same year that their father passed away. In 1938, he enrolled in primary school at the Ateneo Antioqueño and later entered the Bolivariana to continue his high school education. However, he was expelled from the institution due to an article he published in the newspaper El Colombiano about Picasso , as well as his drawings that were considered obscene. As a result, he graduated from high school at the Liceo of the University of Antioquia in 1950.
In parallel to his studies, Fernando attended a bullfighting school in La Macarena at the request of one of his uncles. However, due to an issue related to bullfighting, Botero left the bullring and embarked on a journey into painting. In 1948, he held his first exhibition in Medellín. Two years later, he traveled to Bogotá where he had two more exhibitions and had the opportunity to meet some intellectuals of the time. He then stayed at Isolina García’s boarding house in Tolú, which he paid for by painting a mural. Once again in Bogotá, he won the second prize at the IX National Artists Salon with his oil painting “Facing the Sea” .
“Ephemeral art is a lesser form of expression that cannot be compared to the concept of art conceived with the desire for perpetuity. What many people fail to understand is that Picasso is a traditional artist”- Fernando Botero
Due to the prize from the IX Salon and the sale of several of his works, Fernando Botero traveled to Spain in 1952 to enroll at the Royal Academy of Fine Arts of San Fernando in Madrid. There, he lived by selling drawings and paintings in the vicinity of the Prado Museum. In 1953, he went to Paris with filmmaker Ricardo Irrigarri, and later, they both traveled to Florence. Here, he entered the Academy of San Marco, where he was heavily influenced by Renaissance painters such as Piero della Francesca, Titian, and Paolo Uccello.
Career and Personal Life
In 1955, Botero returned to Colombia to hold an exhibition featuring several of his works created during his time in Europe, but it was met with a lukewarm reception from the public.
Woman With a Mirror / Foto:Luis García (Zaqarbal) / Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Spain (CC BY-SA 3.0 ES)
In 1956, he married Gloria Zea, with whom he would later have three children: Fernando, Juan Carlos, and Lina. The couple traveled to Mexico City, where Fernando Botero was eager to see the works of Mexican muralists, but this experience left him disillusioned. Consequently, he began searching for his own artistic style, drawing influence from both the Mexican artist Rufino Tamayo and the Colombian artist Alejandro Obregón . In this quest, he started experimenting with volume, initially in still lifes, and gradually extending this approach to other elements.
In 1957, he successfully exhibited in New York, showcasing his new artistic sensibility. The following year, he returned to Bogotá, where he was appointed as a professor at the School of Fine Arts at the National University of Colombia . He presented his work “La Camera Degli Sposi” at the X Colombian Artists Salon , winning the first prize and becoming the country’s most prominent painter. This piece sparked some controversy as it was initially censored for being almost a parody of Andrea Mantegna’s “La Cámara de los Esposos”. However, it was later reinstated in the exhibition on the advice of Marta Traba. Subsequently, Fernando Botero exhibited his works in various spaces in the United States, where a businessman from Chicago purchased “La Camera Degli Sposi” .
“Fernando Botero and his works are the finest ambassadors of our country in this land of navigators and discoverers, of poets and fado singers”- Juan Manuel Santos
In 1960, Botero separated from Gloria Zea and traveled to New York. He led a modest life here as the New York art scene was primarily inclined towards abstract expressionism. Consequently, Botero was influenced by artists like Pollock, which led him to experiment with color, brushwork, and format, to the point of nearly abandoning his distinctive style characterized by the manipulation of volume. Aware of this, Botero returned to his usual style of flat colors and figurative representations.
Starting in 1962, he began a series of exhibitions in both Europe and the United States, as well as in Colombia. By 1970, the year his son Pedro was born to his second wife, Cecilia Zambrano, Fernando Botero had already become the world’s most sought-after sculptor. However, in 1974, his son Pedro tragically died in a traffic accident, leading to his second divorce and leaving significant marks on his artistic endeavors.
In 1978, the Colombian painter married Sophia Vari , a renowned Greek artist with whom he shared a significant part of his life, until sadly, she passed away in May 2023.
Since 1983, Fernando Botero has been exhibiting his works and donating them to various cities around the world. As a result, we can find his pieces in the streets of Medellín, Barcelona, Oviedo, Singapore, and Madrid, among others. In 2008, the Autonomous University of Nuevo León in Mexico conferred upon him an honorary Doctorate.
Renowned Colombian artist, Fernando Botero, died on September 15, 2023 , in Monaco at the age of 91 due to pneumonia . His artistic legacy will endure forever. In his hometown, seven days of mourning were declared.
Pedrito a Caballo, Fernando Botero (1975).
Top 10 Famous works by Fernando Botero
Some of the most recognized works by Colombian painter and sculptor Fernando Botero:
- “Pedrito on Horseback” / “Pedrito a Caballo” (1974): This is an oil painting on canvas measuring 194.5 cm x 150.5 cm. For Botero, this work is his masterpiece and a refuge during a personal tragedy. The child depicted is Pedro, his son from his second marriage, who tragically passed away in an accident when he was young.
- “Mona Lisa at 12 Years Old” / “Mona lisa a los 12 años” (1978): This piece stands out as a unique version of Leonardo da Vinci’s famous painting, the Mona Lisa . Painted in oil on canvas and measuring 183 cm x 166 cm, Botero incorporates his characteristic style of voluptuous and rounded figures into this work, which has become one of his most distinctive pieces.
- “Woman’s Torso” / “Torso de Mujer” (1986): It is a majestic bronze sculpture that rises to an impressive height of approximately 2.48 meters. It is often affectionately referred to as “La Gorda” (“The Fat One”). This artwork finds its home in Parque de Berrío, located in the captivating city of Medellín.
- “Woman with Mirror” / “Mujer con Espejo” (1987): An imposing bronze sculpture weighing 1000 kg. It is located in Plaza de Colón, in the heart of Madrid, Spain. The artwork captivates the gaze with the portrayal of a woman peacefully lying face down on the ground, holding a mirror in her hands. Her expression reflects deep introspection and enigmatic melancholy.
- “The Orchestra” / “La Orquesta” (1991): In this oil on canvas artwork, measuring 200 cm x 172 cm, Botero presents a band of musicians with a singer, all immersed in a spirit of celebration. The artist aims to convey a sense of harmony and joy through his portrayal.
- “Woman Smoking” / “Mujer Fumando” (1994): It is a creation executed in watercolor, spanning dimensions of 122 cm x 99 cm. In this work, Maestro Botero skillfully captures the essence of a woman elegantly holding a cigarette between her fingers. His meticulous focus on voluptuous forms, posture, and the serene expression of the figure masterfully combine to emphasize the sensuality and profound intimacy of the moment captured in the artwork.
- “Man on Horseback” / “Hombre a Caballo” (1996): This bronze sculpture is one of the most iconic works in the artist’s career. It depicts a rider in a majestic and proud posture. Over the years, this imposing work has been exhibited in multiple cities around the world, solidifying its place as a prominent piece in the sculptor’s body of work.
- “The Horse” / “El Caballo” (1997): This iconic sculpture showcases a horse of majestic presence and a distinctive rounded form, sculpted in bronze and measuring approximately 3 meters in height. This masterpiece reflects Botero’s profound passion for horses while also serving as a powerful representation of the mythical Trojan Horse.
- “The Death of Pablo Escobar” / “La muerte de Pablo Escobar” (1999): This artwork, created using the oil on canvas technique, has dimensions of 58 cm x 38 cm. While not considered a masterpiece, this artistic piece represents one of the most significant moments in Colombia’s history. Fernando Botero captures, in his distinctive style, the moment of the death of the drug lord Pablo Escobar , addressing issues related to violence and criminality that have marked the country’s history. An interesting detail is that, although Pablo Escobar admired Fernando Botero’s art, it cannot be said that the admiration was mutual. The painter created two works depicting the death of the drug trafficker.
- “Boterosutra Series” / “Serie Boterosutra” (2011): This work by Botero is part of an erotic art collection called Boterosutra , marking a milestone in the history of Colombian art as the first artistic representation of sexual intimacy between lovers. This series comprises around 70 small-sized pieces created using various techniques, including colored drawings, watercolors, brushstrokes, and also black and white, all of which constitute one of the most contemporary works by the painter.
Biography of Ryan Reynolds
Ryan Rodney Reynolds was born on October 23, 1976 in Vancouver, Canada, and he is a well-known actor. When Ryan was born, his mother, Tammy, was a student and a salesperson, while his father, Jim, worked in wholesale food sales and also excelled as a semi-professional boxer. In addition, Ryan has three older siblings.
He studied in his hometown of Vancouver until 1994 when he decided to join a theater group as an extracurricular activity while attending Kwantlen College. However, his passion for acting became a vocation, and Ryan dropped out of college to devote all his time and energy to his acting career.
Debut as an actor
He quickly landed small roles in successful and memorable TV series such as “Sabrina the Teenage Witch” and “The X-Files”. In 1998, his big break came with the series “Two Guys, a Girl and a Pizza Place”, which ran until 2001 and catapulted him to fame. The show became very popular thanks to its great comedic content, an area where Reynolds demonstrated perfect skill, but this was not the first time that Ryan had made a name for himself in a Hollywood comedy, as he had already been in “Life During Wartime” in 1997.
After working in several minor jobs, Ryan got his first major role as a protagonist in the crazy “Van Wilder – Animal Party”, where he played a college party organizer. The success of the film opened doors for him to work alongside Michael Douglas in “Till Death Do Us Part”, support Wesley Snipes in “Blade Trinity” or star in the horror movie “The Amityville Horror”. However, at this stage of his career, Ryan stood out mainly as a protagonist in comedies such as “Just Friends”, “Waiting” and “Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle”. This led him to want to leave his comedic side behind, getting involved in different projects such as the thriller “Smokin’ Aces”, the independent film “Adventureland” and the action film “X-Men Origins: Wolverine”. Later on, he also participated in romantic films such as “The Proposal” and “Definitely, Maybe”. However, recognition of his acting ability did not come until Ryan was nominated for a Goya Award for his demanding role in “Buried”. It is worth noting that he also brought to life the comic book hero “Green Lantern” and the renowned “Deadpool”.
Prestigious brands like Hugo Boss have not been oblivious to Ryan Reynolds’ popularity, charisma, and good looks, offering him contracts to be the face of one of their fragrances : Boss Bottled Night, a fragrance that, through great advertising, managed to convey an irresistible seductive effect.
Two curiosities can be highlighted from his work: first, the nearly 10 kilos of solid muscle he gained thanks to rigorous physical training to bring Hannibal King to life in “Blade: Trinity”; and second, his appearance on the animated TV series Zeroman, in which he lent his voice to the character Ty Cheese. In addition, like many Hollywood stars, Ryan Reynolds has an eccentricity outside the world of entertainment: a great passion for motorcycles , of which he owns three collector’s items, one of which was designed exclusively for him and is none other than a Harley Davidson.
Regarding his personal life, Ryan Reynolds was in a romantic relationship with singer Alanis Morissette from 2002 to 2007. The couple got engaged in 2004, but in July 2006, People magazine reported that they had separated, although neither of them officially confirmed the news. Shortly after, in February 2007, they decided to end their engagement by mutual agreement. In May 2008, Reynolds announced his engagement to actress Scarlett Johansson , and they got married on September 27 of the same year. However, in December 2010, the couple announced in a statement to People magazine that they had decided to end their marriage.
So, on September 9, 2012, he married the actress Blake Lively in Mount Pleasant, South Carolina. In October 2014, they announced that they were expecting their first child, and in December of that same year, Ryan Reynolds and his wife Blake Lively became parents with the birth of their daughter: Ines. Later, on April 14, 2016, his wife’s second pregnancy was confirmed, and on September 30, 2016, he became a father for the second time to a boy named James.
Biography of Tom Hanks
Thomas Jeffrey Hanks, born July 9, 1956 in Concord, California, United States, is an actor known as Tom Hanks. Hanks was raised by his father Amos Mefford Hanks, who worked as a cook of English food, and his mother Janet Marylyn, a nurse. He was raised with the values of the Catholic and Mormon religion. During his time at Skyline High School in Oakland, he attended theater classes with his best friend. During his adolescence, Hanks demonstrated his acting talent and won the Best Theater Actor award at his institute. Later, he enrolled in Chabot College in Hayward, California and two years later did a exchange at California State University, Sacramento.
1981 – Debut as an actor
In 1979, the Hanks family moved to New York, which gave Tom the opportunity to debut as a supporting actor in the horror film “Sabe que estás sola” in 1981. Two years later, he landed a lead role in another film. Additionally, he did his first television work in the comedy series “Bosom Buddies.” Later, he decided to move to Los Angeles to participate in “Despedida de soltero” in 1984, although the film was not very successful, it allowed him to be discovered by Ron Howard, who later contacted him to offer a role in “Splash” in 1984.
Since then, Tom starred in several comedy films such as “Amigos del alma” (1980), “Esta casa es una ruina” (1986), “Big” (1988), “No matarás… al vecino” (1989), “Socios y sabuesos” (1989), and “Joe contra el volcán” (1990). His father was always very important in his career, constantly encouraging him to keep fighting for his dream. On several occasions, he helped him to get small roles. He also supported his participation in the Great Lakes Shakespeare Festival in Cleveland, Ohio. Tom had already made some appearances in series like “Vacaciones en el mar”, “Happy Days”, “Taxi”, or “Family Ties”.
“The King of Comedy”
After a small role in the horror film “He Knows You’re Alone” (1980) directed by Armand Mastroianni, he starred in several comedies that typecast him in comedic roles. His charming personality and natural talent contributed to his growing popularity. Definitely his consecration came in the eighties, he was cataloged as the king of comedy . Thanks to “Big” (1988), he achieved great success for his performance, receiving the Los Angeles Critics Award and an Oscar nomination . Although he had a bit of a downfall after that, he regained momentum as a disillusioned former baseball pitcher who trains a women’s team in “A League of Their Own” (1992).
Tom considered it appropriate to change direction and tackle other stories, to move away from comedy a little. So, he eagerly sought more intense themes where he could showcase his versatility. With his work in “The Bonfire of the Vanities” (1989), directed by Brian de Palma, he attempted to take the first step to break away from light comedies, but the result was not as expected. However, his career took off again with his portrayal of an AIDS-stricken lawyer in “Philadelphia” (1992), directed by Jonathan Demme, an intense character that was quite a challenge. His effort was rewarded with an Oscar. He renewed his commercial success with “Sleepless in Seattle” (1993), directed by Nora Ephron, where he teamed up with Meg Ryan, and worked with her again in “You’ve Got Mail” (1998).
Some of his most acclaimed performances
In the mid-90s, Hanks established himself as one of Hollywood’s brightest stars. It’s worth mentioning that his career enjoyed significant success. For his role in Robert Zemeckis’ “ Forrest Gump ” (1994), this has been one of the most striking films of the decade, he was again deserving of an Oscar , a prize that increased, turning him into one of the best-paid actors in Hollywood. With the comedy “The Wonders” (1996), he made his directorial debut.
Later, he did the same in the field of production with the TV series “From the Earth to the Moon,” a work that took him several years. Hanks had the lead role in the feature film “Saving Private Ryan” (1997), directed by Steven Spielberg , with this role he was nominated for the Academy Award, although the film received five Oscars. In 2000, he worked with Robert Zemeckis again in the film “Cast Away,” a film in which his solo performance was praised, for which he received an Oscar nomination.
Between 2003 and 2004, he repeated his collaboration with Spielberg in “Catch Me If You Can” and also in “The Terminal.” In 2006, he starred in the hit film “The Da Vinci Code,” the cinematic version of Dan Brown’s controversial work. Starting in 2014, Hanks’ films have grossed over 4.2 billion in countries such as the United States and Canada, and over 8.4 billion in the rest of the world, he is definitely an actor who ensures great success for films. His fame is such that the asteroid (12818) Tomhanks bears his name.
The actor has had several marriages throughout his life. His first marriage was to Samantha Lewes in 1978, from which two children were born: Colin Hanks in 1977 and Elisabeth Ann in 1982. However, the couple divorced in 1985. Later, in 1988, he married actress and producer Rita Wilson , with whom he had two additional children: Chester Marlon in 1991 and Truman Theodore in 1996. In recent years, the actor has been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes, which requires a strict diet and daily care to maintain his health.
Biography of Marc Anthony
Marc Anthony (born September 16, 1968) is an American salsa singer and actor , born in New York. His real name is Marco Antonio Muñiz Rivera . From a young age, he has been involved in music, growing up with rock and rhythm & blues. His parents, Felipe Muñiz and Guillermina Rivera, discovered his passion and musical ability when he was a child. During his teenage years, to earn money, he began singing at bars and nightclubs , and quickly gained popularity. He was contacted by one of the members of the Latin Rascals group, and their producer Louie Vega invited him to record several albums with the Atlantic Records label.
Beginnings as a singer
One of Marc Anthony’s most successful musical products was the album “Rebel”, which achieved some success on the disco music charts. In 1992, his career in the salsa world took off when the famous Tito Puente took him as an opening act for a concert at Madison Square Garden. A year later, he recorded a salsa version of a song by Juan Gabriel that received excellent reviews and great popularity in the musical circles of New York. Soon, Marc Anthony appeared in several television productions and began to receive offers for concerts. After a few years, he was recognized as the new “king of salsa”. During the 1990s, his lyrics occupied the top position in Latin America and also in the United States.
The new “musical phenomenon”
Marc Anthony became a massively successful musical phenomenon , comparable to the success of Héctor Lavoe. At the same time, he continued to develop his acting career, appearing in films such as “Bringing out the Dead” directed by Martin Scorsese; “Big Night” directed by Stanley Tucci; “Hackers,” and “The Capeman,” a Broadway musical directed by singer and songwriter Paul Simon. He also performed the main theme of the soundtrack of “The Mask of Zorro” (1998), in which Antonio Banderas was the lead actor.
Third salsa album “Against the Stream”
That same year, he worked on the production of his third salsa album: “Contra la Corriente,” undoubtedly many salsa critics and aficionados affirm that it was the best album of his career, for which he received a Grammy for Best Latin-Tropical Album. In 1999, he released the album “Marc Anthony” to the market, this album undoubtedly demonstrates a new stage in his musical career, as it combined salsa with pop and also featured songs in English, in order to reach and conquer the Anglo-Saxon audience and market.
The first single, “I Need to Know,” put him in the top positions of the North American charts: it remained in the Top 10 of the Billboard for eleven weeks and eight more weeks in the Top 40. He also released the Spanish version, titled “Dímelo.” With this song, he won the Grammy for Best Latin Song of the Year and was number one on the Latin Billboard chart. He quickly released the second single, “You Sang to Me,” repeating the success of the previous one and selling over two million copies of the album.
Starting the new millennium, he released a greatest hits salsa album titled “Desde el principio.” After that, Marc Anthony went on a extensive tour that took him through the United States. All magazines and press talked about his triumphant concert at Madison Square Garden. Then he was in Canada and Central America. At that time, Marc Anthony received the admiration of his fans when he helped with his charitable work for the victims of Hurricane George, in sum, he founded a foundation that bears his name.
In 2011, he started the Dos Mundos Tour, with the company of Alejandro Fernández , a concert across Latin America. The following year, he was in Colombia at the Manacacías Summer Festival, many people from different parts of the country traveled to attend his concert. He had a significant participation in the 53rd International Song Festival of Viña del Mar, Chile, where he sang the song “¿Y cómo es él?” from his album “Iconos”. He received the highest distinction.
On March 3, 2012, Marc returned to Uruguay after 17 years and gave his performance at the Charrúa Stadium in Montevideo with an attendance of 25,000 spectators. In the GIGANT3S TOUR, he performed in several North American cities alongside Chayanne and Marco Antonio Solís . In 2013, he released his album 3.0. In 2014, he was the big winner of four of the five awards for which he was nominated at the Premios Lo Nuestro. Additionally, his career was recognized as one of the most successful Latin music artists. In 2016, he released a song called “Deja que te bese” with the collaboration of Spanish singer Alejandro Sanz, the song has over 50 million views on Youtube.
In September 2016, he carried out his “Marc Anthony Live” tour which included 5 dates at Radio City Music Hall. His private life has been somewhat controversial and has been exposed to various comments. He had his first daughter in 1994, Arianna Rosado-Muñiz, a product of his relationship with a former police officer from New York. In 2000 he married for the first time to Dayanara Torres, with whom he had two children. He later helped Jennifer Lopez in the production of the song “Sway” for the soundtrack of the movie Shall We Dance?. They then fell in love and after only one month of relationship, they got engaged in March 2004.
The couple had twins and Jennifer sold the exclusive photos of the children to People Magazine. However, after a few years, the couple decided to end their marriage on April 9, 2012. It is said that everything started when Jennifer Lopez met dancer Casper Smart and began a relationship with him two months after her separation from Marc. Later, Marc started a relationship with Venezuelan model Shannon de Lima, whom he married in 2014. Despite this, his relationship with Jennifer, the mother of his children, is harmonious, and he even participated in her song “Olvídame y pega la vuelta” in 2016. Two years earlier, the Puerto Rican singer made an impact with the hit song “Flor Pálida”.
On January 28, 2023, he married Nadia Ferreira in an incredible wedding surrounded by stars from film, music, and sports. The ceremony took place at the Perez Art Museum in Miami, with David Beckham as the best man.
Ver esta publicación en Instagram Una publicación compartida por Nadia Ferreira (@nadiatferreira)
Biography of Paul McCartney
Paul McCartney (born June 18, 1942) is a singer. He was born in Liverpool, England. His mother, Mary Patricia, was a nurse, while his father, James McCartney, was a volunteer firefighter. During Paul’s birth, his father was not present as he was fighting in the Battle of England during World War II. Paul grew up in a religious and strict environment, with his mother Catholic and his father Protestant, but later became agnostic. After returning from the war, his father devoted himself to selling cleaning products and, in his free time, played in bars.
Death of his mother
That’s why his son developed a deep love for music. He stood out in school for his intelligence and discipline and studied at Liverpool Institute secondary school, a good free secondary school. In 1954, he met George Harrison, with whom he quickly formed a strong friendship. At the time, McCartney’s mother was the one who kept the household and for work reasons they moved to Allerton, where they lived until 1964. On October 31, 1956, when McCartney was 14 years old, his mother died from a stroke.
After his mother’s death, McCartney was devastated. It took some time for him to return to normal. H is father saw music as a refuge to help his son feel better, so he took him to listen to the Jim Mac’s Jazz Band, where his father played trumpet or piano. He also gave him a trumpet, but when rock and roll became popular, he chose an acoustic guitar. The first song he composed was “I Lost My Little Girl” on that guitar, a Zenith. He also composed “When I’m Sixty-Four” on the home piano.
1957 – Met John Lennon
He met Lennon on July 6th, 1957. McCartney joined The Quarrymen, a school band led by Lennon, in 1958 as the lead guitarist. The band mixed rock and roll and skiffle, a popular music style, with jazz and blues. After several name changes, the band decided to call themselves The Beatles in August 1960 and recruited drummer Pete Best for their move to Hamburg. In 1961, one of its members, Sutcliffe, left the band and McCartney was forced to take over as bassist. They recorded as a backing band for English singer Tony Sheridan on the single My Bonnie.
1963 – “Beatlemania”
They managed to attract the attention of Brian Epstein, who became their manager in January 1962 and a key figure in their later success. With their first hit, “Love Me Do” in 1963, the “Beatlemania” began. John Lennon and Paul wrote a large number of songs together, but later their egos collided and they preferred to write separately. In 1970, The Beatles disbanded. But Paul continued his successful career with songs that reached number one. He recorded his first solo LP, “McCartney”, with songs very different from those that Lennon would write, with commercial melodies for varied tastes.
1980 – Paul McCartney Guinness Records
In 1980, he entered the Guinness Book of Records as the highest-selling songwriter in the world. His theme Yesterday , one of the most celebrated by The Beatles , has around 2,500 versions in the most diverse musical styles. Some of his solo hits are: Uncle Albert/Admiral Halsey, Live and Let Die for the James Bond film received the Oscar for best musical theme; Coming Up from his solo album Paul McCartney II. He joined George Martin and Ringo Starr in 1982 for the recording of Tug of War. On Press to play, his next album, was recorded with Eric Stewart.
Awards, arrest, record.
Winner of 18 Grammy Awards, including two Lifetime Achievement Grammy Awards (one with the Beatles and another as a solo artist). He is a vegetarian and an animal rights advocate. He was arrested for marijuana possession in Tokyo in 1980 and was briefly in jail. He participated in the “Live Aid” concert against hunger in Ethiopia in 1985. I n 1990, he achieved the record for the largest attendance at a concert with 184,000 people in Rio de Janeiro. Since 1997 he is Sir Paul McCartney, invested as a knight by Queen Elizabeth II.
2013 – Other awards, marriages.
On February 10, 2013, he received a Grammy for “Best Traditional Pop Album” for his album “Kisses On The Bottom”. Later, he received a special award from PRS for Music in commemoration of the 50th anniversary of the composition of his most famous song, “ Yesterday “. These songs, as well as “And I Love Her,” “You Will Not See Me,” and “I’m Looking Through You,” were written inspired by his relationship with British actress Jane Asher. After five years of engagement, the couple broke up due to his infidelity with Francie Schwartz. He married Linda Eastman on March 12, 1969, and together they formed the musical group Wings after the dissolution of the Beatles . In 1999, he presented his collection of poems entitled “Blackbird Singing: Poems and Lyrics (1965-1999)”. After the death of his wife, McCartney experienced deep sadness.
In 2002, Paul McCartney married former model Heather Mills in an Irish castle. After a long legal battle in the London Supreme Court, in 2008 Mills was authorized to collect one fifth of the 250 million dollars she had demanded from McCartney for their four-year marriage. In 2011, McCartney married Nancy Shevell in a civil ceremony in London on October 9th of that year.
Relevant aspects of his life and musical career
- With 60 gold records and the sale of over 100 million albums and singles as a solo artist and with The Beatles, McCartney is recognized as one of the most successful composers and artists of all time.
- As a solo artist in 1999 and as a member of The Beatles in 1988, he has been inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame twice.
- As a solo artist and with The Beatles, he has been recognized with twenty-one Grammy Awards.
- 32 of the songs that McCartney has written or co-written have reached number one on the Billboard Hot 100.
- As of 2014, he had sold over 15 million certified units by the RIAA in the United States.
- In 1997, McCartney was elevated to the rank of knight for his services to music.
- In 1965, McCartney, Lennon, Harrison and Starr were named members of the Order of the British Empire .
- He has been married three times and is the father of five children.
- He has participated in projects to help international charities related to issues such as animal rights, seal hunting, landmine cleaning, vegetarianism, poverty and musical education.
- He ranks 11th on Rolling Stone’s list of 100 Greatest Singers.
- He ranks first on Rolling Stone’s list of 100 Greatest Artists as a member of The Beatles.
- He ranks third on Rolling Stone’s list of 100 Greatest Bassists.
- Only surpassed by Bob Dylan , he ranks second on Rolling Stone’s list of 100 Greatest Songwriters.
Nicola Porcella Biography Nicola Emilio Porcella Solimano (February 5, 1988), better known as Nicola Porcella, is an actor and TV...
Wendy Guevara Biography Wendy Guevara Venegas (August 12, 1993), better known as Wendy Guevara, is an influencer, actress, singer, and...
Paris Hilton Biography Paris Whitney Hilton (February 17, 1981), better known as Paris Hilton, is a socialite, businesswoman, model, DJ,...
Biography of Leonardo DiCaprio Leonardo Wilhelm DiCaprio is a renowned actor and film producer who has won numerous awards within...
Biography of Denzel Washington Denzel Washington is an African American actor born on December 28, 1954 in Mount Vernon, New...
Biography of Ryan Reynolds Ryan Rodney Reynolds was born on October 23, 1976 in Vancouver, Canada, and he is a...
Biography of Brad Pitt William Bradley Pitt, better known as Brad Pitt, was born on December 18, 1963 in Shawnee,...
Luciano Benetton Biography Luciano Benetton (May 13, 1935) Born in Ponzano, Treviso, Italy. An Italian businessman and fashion designer, co-founder...
Louis Vuitton Biography Louis Vuitton (August 4, 1821 – February 25, 1892) businessman and fashion designer. Founder of the leather...
Peter Drucker biography Peter Drucker (November 19, 1909 – November 11, 2005) writer, consultant, entrepreneur, and journalist. He was born...
Paul Allen biography Paul Gardner Allen (January 21, 1953) entrepreneur, business magnate, investor, and philanthropist. He was born in Seattle,...
Nik Powell biography Nik Powell (November 4, 1950) businessman and co-founder of the Virgin Group. He was born in Great...
Philip B. Crosby
- Manage Account
Chart history, billboard hot 100™, where are u now, latest videos.
Hailey Bieber Shuts Down Pregnancy Rumors, ATTRAKT Cuts Three Members of FIFTY FIFTY & More | Billboard News
Taylor swift announces ‘1989 (taylor’s version),’ 60 injured at travis scott show & more | billboard news, billboard’s top 5 songs of the summer 2019 | billboard news, rosalía & rauw alejandro address breakup, tori kelly update, doja cat loses fans & more | billboard news, billboard’s top 5 songs of the summer of 2017 | billboard news, doja cat’s new album, justin bieber defends frank ocean, & more | billboard news, seventeen reveal their love for justin bieber, talk fan interactions, & more | billboard news, sza’s star-studded ‘sos’ show, nine things you didn’t know about twice & more | billboard news, what you missed at rolling loud la 2023: surprise guest stars, performances & more | billboard news, justin bieber closes sale to hipgnosis for $200m | billboard news, latest news, every artist with 100 or more billboard hot 100 chart hits.
- By Xander Zellner
- Nov 27, 2023 3:44 pm
After the 2023 Billboard Music Awards, Who Is the All-Time Biggest Winner?
- By Paul Grein
- Nov 19, 2023 11:01 pm
Aaron Spears Dies at 47: Drummer Remembered by Ariana Grande, Justin Bieber & More
- By Katie Atkinson
- Oct 30, 2023 9:08 pm
Halloween 2023: See What Musicians Are Dressing Up As
- By Jenny Regan
- Oct 30, 2023 5:38 pm
Taylor Swift’s ‘The Eras Tour’ Extends Its Lead as the Top Music Concert Film of All Time: Here’s the Top 10
- Oct 30, 2023 9:43 am
- By Emily Fuentes
- Oct 25, 2023 6:20 pm
Hailey Bieber Addresses ‘Disheartening’ Pregnancy Rumors
- By Hannah Dailey
- Oct 24, 2023 2:22 pm
Prime Savings: Snag Up to 57% Off Crocs That Reviewers Claim Are So Comfy They’re a ‘Life Changer’
- By Rylee Johnston
- Oct 10, 2023 3:00 pm
Selena Gomez Reflects on Leaving Social Media After Justin Bieber Split & Bipolar Diagnosis
- Oct 4, 2023 12:34 pm
SZA’s ‘Snooze’ Awakens on Streaming With Help From Justin Bieber Duet
- By Kyle Denis , Jason Lipshutz , Andrew Unterberger
- Sep 20, 2023 2:27 pm
Billboard is a part of Penske Media Corporation. © 2023 Billboard Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
optional screen reader
Charts expand charts menu.
- Billboard Hot 100™
- Billboard 200™
- Hits Of The World™
- TikTok Billboard Top 50
- Song Breaker
- Year-End Charts
- Decade-End Charts
Music Expand music menu
Culture Expand culture menu
Media expand media menu, business expand business menu.
- Business News
- Record Labels
- View All Pro
Pro Tools Expand pro-tools menu
- Songwriters & Producers
- Artist Index
- Royalty Calculator
- Market Watch
Billboard Español Expand billboard-espanol menu
- Cultura y Entretenimiento
Honda Music Expand honda-music menu
Teen pop star turned versatile, Grammy-winning hitmaker who has routinely topped charts in his native Canada and elsewhere.
Read Full Biography
STREAM OR BUY:
Also Known As
Discography, moods and themes, related articles.
Search The Canadian Encyclopedia
Enter your search term
Why sign up?
Signing up enhances your TCE experience with the ability to save items to your personal reading list, and access the interactive map.
- MLA 8TH EDITION
- McLean, Steve. "Justin Bieber". The Canadian Encyclopedia , 16 February 2016, Historica Canada . www.thecanadianencyclopedia.ca/en/article/justin-drew-bieber-emc. Accessed 05 December 2023.
- The Canadian Encyclopedia , 16 February 2016, Historica Canada . www.thecanadianencyclopedia.ca/en/article/justin-drew-bieber-emc. Accessed 05 December 2023." href="#" class="js-copy-clipboard b b-md b-invert b-modal-copy">Copy
- APA 6TH EDITION
- McLean, S. (2016). Justin Bieber. In The Canadian Encyclopedia . Retrieved from https://www.thecanadianencyclopedia.ca/en/article/justin-drew-bieber-emc
- The Canadian Encyclopedia . Retrieved from https://www.thecanadianencyclopedia.ca/en/article/justin-drew-bieber-emc" href="#" class="js-copy-clipboard b b-md b-invert b-modal-copy">Copy
- CHICAGO 17TH EDITION
- McLean, Steve. "Justin Bieber." The Canadian Encyclopedia . Historica Canada. Article published April 10, 2012; Last Edited February 16, 2016.
- The Canadian Encyclopedia . Historica Canada. Article published April 10, 2012; Last Edited February 16, 2016." href="#" class="js-copy-clipboard b b-md b-invert b-modal-copy">Copy
- TURABIAN 8TH EDITION
- The Canadian Encyclopedia , s.v. "Justin Bieber," by Steve McLean, Accessed December 05, 2023, https://www.thecanadianencyclopedia.ca/en/article/justin-drew-bieber-emc
- The Canadian Encyclopedia , s.v. "Justin Bieber," by Steve McLean, Accessed December 05, 2023, https://www.thecanadianencyclopedia.ca/en/article/justin-drew-bieber-emc" href="#" class="js-copy-clipboard b b-md b-invert b-modal-copy">Copy
Thank you for your submission
Our team will be reviewing your submission and get back to you with any further questions.
Thanks for contributing to The Canadian Encyclopedia.
Article by Steve McLean
Updated by Andrew Mcintosh
Published Online April 10, 2012
Last Edited February 16, 2016
Justin Drew Bieber, singer, songwriter, actor (born 1 March 1994 in London , ON ). Teen pop phenomenon Justin Bieber exploded on to the mainstream music scene in the summer of 2009 after first becoming a YouTube sensation. With a string of hit singles from a quick succession of top-selling albums — he is the first artist to have five No. 1 records on the Billboard album chart before his 19th birthday — he quickly became one of the biggest pop stars and celebrities in the world. He consolidated his popularity with music videos , concert films, television appearances and global touring. His fans, called “Beliebers,” have made him a social media superstar. While generally less admired by music critics, he has sold more than 15 million albums, and won many Canadian and international awards, including multiple Juno Awards , a Grammy Award and the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee Medal.
Bieber was born in London , ON to 18-year-old Pattie Mallette and 19-year-old Jeremy Bieber. His parents never married and split up when he was a toddler, though his father has remained actively involved in his life. Bieber grew up in low-income housing in Stratford , ON, with his mother, who worked a series of office jobs. He showed a facility for music as early as age four. As a child he took drum lessons and taught himself how to play piano, guitar and trumpet.
In 2007, after Bieber competed in a local singing contest with a cover of Ne-Yo’s “So Sick,” his mother uploaded a video of his performance to YouTube for friends and family to see. It became a viral hit, so she uploaded several other videos of the baby-faced, mop-topped teen singing R&B and pop songs, including clips of him busking on the steps of the Stratford Festival ’s Avon Theatre. He earned more than $3,000 from busking, which paid for a vacation he and his mother took to Disney World.
While researching another singing prospect, American talent executive Scooter Braun discovered Bieber’s YouTube clips, which had amassed more than one million views. Braun flew the 13-year-old to Atlanta, GA, to record and meet with R&B star Usher, who arranged an audition for him with Antonio “L.A.” Reid of Island Def Jam Music Group. Justin Timberlake also expressed interest in the young singer, but Reid signed Bieber to Island Records in October 2008. Bieber and his mother moved temporarily to Atlanta, where Braun became the teenager’s manager; Bieber also had vocal lessons and private tutoring, as well as “swagger coaching” from stylist Ryan Good.
Bieber quickly achieved international commercial success. His first single, "One Time," released in July 2009 while he was still recording his debut album, was a Top 20 hit in Canada, the United States, the United Kingdom, France and Germany. It was certified platinum in Canada and the US, and was followed by three more hits: "One Less Lonely Girl" was a Top 10, platinum-certified single in the US; while the promotional singles "Love Me" and "Favorite Girl" were Top 20 hits in Canada and cracked the Top 40 in the US. His seven-song EP My World debuted at No. 6 on the Billboard 200 album chart when it was released in November 2009, and became the first debut record to have seven songs chart on the Billboard Hot 100 chart. It was certified double-platinum in Canada and the UK, and platinum in the US, Germany and Austria.
On the strength of this success, Bieber made a string of media appearances in the fall of 2009 and performed for President Barack Obama during the annual Christmas in Washington television special. Bieber was also invited to sing on a remake of "We Are The World" and a cover of K'naan 's "Wavin' Flag," both of which were organized to raise money for Haitian relief efforts following the earthquake there in early 2010.
Bieber’s momentum was maintained when a second album, My World 2.0 , quickly followed in March 2010 and debuted at the top of the sales charts in Canada, the US, Germany, Australia and New Zealand. Bieber became the youngest male solo artist to achieve that feat in the US since Stevie Wonder in 1963. The album had a slightly more mature sound and a bigger R&B element than his debut. The lead single, "Baby," featuring rapper Ludacris, became a ubiquitous international hit, reaching No. 3 in Canada, No. 5 in the US and No. 1 in France. “U Smile,” “Never Let You Go,” “Somebody to Love” and “Eenie Meenie” (with Sean Kingston) also charted well internationally; the latter two were certified platinum in the US. My World 2.0 charted in the Top 10 in 20 countries and sold over five million copies worldwide.
In order to exploit the enormous youth appeal of Bieber's blend of bubblegum pop and soulful R&B, and to give the singer an opportunity to prove that his voice could stand on its own without studio augmentation, My Worlds Acoustic was released in November 2010. The album, which included nine acoustic versions of songs from My World and My World 2.0 , and a new track titled "Pray," charted in the Top 10 in Canada and the US, and was certified platinum in Canada.
Never Say Never — The Remixes followed in February 2011. It featured remixes of songs from Bieber’s debut EP, with guest appearances from Miley Cyrus, Chris Brown, Kanye West and others. It reached the top of the album chart in the US, where it was certified platinum, peaked at No. 5 in Canada and also charted well internationally. Bieber's 2011 holiday album, Under the Mistletoe , featured new and old Christmas songs. It debuted at the top of the American album chart, making him the first solo artist to have three No. 1 albums in the US before his 18th birthday. It also topped the Canadian chart, and was certified triple-platinum in Canada and platinum in the US.
Bieber’s voice deepened due to puberty while he recorded his next studio album, Believe (2012), which featured a bigger dance-pop component than his earlier material. Bieber had songwriting credits on 12 of the album’s 13 tracks. A huge international success, Believe was the biggest selling album in Argentina, Australia, Austria, Canada, Croatia, Denmark, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Mexico, New Zealand, Norway, Spain, Sweden, the UK and the US. It featured the international hit single "Boyfriend," which was followed up the charts by “As Long As You Love Me,” “Beauty and a Beat,” “Right Here” and “All Around the World.”
Believe Acoustic , featuring three new songs as well as acoustic and live versions of those found on Believe , was issued early in 2013. It was certified platinum in Canada and topped the sales charts in Argentina, Brazil, Canada, Mexico, Spain and the US, making Bieber the first artist to have five No. 1 records on the Billboard album chart before his 19th birthday.
In 2010, Bieber was named the most searched-for celebrity on the Internet by search engine Ask Jeeves.
In March 2014, he was “liked” by over 63 million people on Facebook and became only the second person (after Katy Perry) to reach 50 million followers on Twitter. Even members of his inner circle, such as his manager Braun, videographer Alfredo Flores and musical director Dan Kanter, have more Twitter followers than many high-profile celebrities.
Bieber has appeared in more than 20 of his own music videos and been featured in videos by Chris Brown, will.i.am and Maejor Ali. He continues to be a YouTube sensation — the number of times his clips and videos have been viewed is now measured in the billions. His video for "Baby" (featuring an appearance by Canadian rapper Drake ) held the record for the most views on YouTube with more than 800 million until it was surpassed by Psy’s “Gangnam Style” in December 2012. “Baby” was also certified as having one billion views on Vevo, a music video website, in February 2014.
Touring and Public Appearances
Bieber launched his My World tour in 2010, playing arenas and amphitheatres across North America from June to December. The following year, he moved on to large venues in Europe, Asia, South America, Israel, Australia and Mexico. In total, 1.4 million fans attended 88 shows that grossed over $88 million.
Bieber embarked on the extensive Believe tour in September 2012 and performed across North America for four months. The tour resumed after a short break and covered Europe, Dubai and South Africa before returning to North America for another leg in the summer of 2013. Six weeks off the road were followed by another long run of shows in Asia, the Caribbean, Central America, South America and Australasia.
Bieber’s public appearances over the years have drawn large crowds and occasionally made headlines for devolving into mob incidents. In November 2009, Braun was charged with reckless endangerment, criminal nuisance and endangering the life of a child after a crowd of fans at a mall in Garden City, Long Island grew frenzied and unruly while awaiting an autograph signing. In April 2010, Bieber’s appearance on a morning television program in Sydney, Australia was cancelled after eight fans sustained minor injuries when they were trampled by a crowd of over 5,000. A similar incident occurred in Oslo, Norway in 2012.
Film, Television and Publishing
Bieber further enhanced his reputation as a teen heartthrob by starring in the 3-D concert film biopic Justin Bieber: Never Say Never , which included performance and backstage footage, and was released over the Valentine's Day weekend in 2011. The film grossed $99 million worldwide. A subsequent concert film biopic titled Justin Bieber’s Believe premiered on Christmas Day in 2013. It failed to match the success of its predecessor, grossing only $6.2 million at the domestic box office after a limited run.
Bieber had a guest role playing a troubled teen on the 11th season premiere of CSI: Crime Scene Investigation in September 2010. He was a musical guest on numerous television shows, and also became a commercial pitchman for the anti-acne skin-care product Proactiv. He has appeared at numerous awards shows, either performing or being honoured.
Bieber's appearance on a variety of magazine covers helped sell millions of copies. HarperCollins published his memoirs in a book titled First Step 2 Forever: My Story in October 2010. Several other books have also been written about him. Bieber’s mother, Pattie Mallette, co-wrote a book titled Nowhere But Up: The Story of Justin Bieber’s Mom that was published in September 2012.
Bieber has a fragrance called Someday, and his wealth has enabled him to invest millions of dollars into several startup technology companies, including Spotify, Tinychat, Stamped, Sojo Studios and Beats Audio.
Bieber is a celebrity spokesperson for the Pencils of Promise charity, which builds schools in developing countries. He also appeared in a public service announcement in support of People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals, and contributed a public statement to the It Gets Better campaign to help prevent bullying against LGBT youth.
While Bieber is a professed Christian who started his career with a clean, boyish image, he has gained notoriety for questionable behaviour and has had several run-ins with the law since becoming an international superstar. He was the subject of a paternity suit in November 2011 and another in May 2013, both filed by women several years older than him. The first was dropped after a DNA test disproved the claim. He was also the focus of an alleged murder plot hatched by two New Mexico men in February 2013.
Bieber has been accused of violence against photographers, who he felt were harassing him, and a former bodyguard sued him in January 2013 after claiming the singer berated and punched him during an argument. A southern California neighbour of Bieber accused him of battery and making threats during an argument two months later, but no arrests were made. That same month, Bieber was forced to leave behind a pet capuchin monkey in quarantine while touring in Germany.
Bieber angered many people in February 2013 when he visited the Anne Frank House in Amsterdam, and wrote a note in the guest book saying that, if Anne had survived, he hoped she “would have been a Belieber.” Two weeks later, a stun gun and drugs were found on his tour bus in Stockholm, Sweden. Bieber was accused of spray-painting graffiti in Colombia and Brazil in November 2013, and is also alleged to have visited a brothel while there.
Things got worse for Bieber in January 2014. He was accused of vandalism after allegedly throwing eggs at a neighbour’s home and, when Los Angeles police searched his home, a friend was arrested and then released on bail. That same month, Bieber was arrested in Miami Beach, FL, on suspicion of driving under the influence, driving with an expired license and resisting arrest without violence. He was jailed but released shortly afterward when he posted $2,500 in bail. A post-arrest drug test conducted by police allegedly found that Bieber had THC (a component in marijuana) and the anti-anxiety medication Xanax in his system at the time of his arrest. Bieber surrendered to Toronto police on 29 January after he was charged with assaulting a limousine driver in December. He was released and ordered to appear in court at a later date.
This bad publicity prompted the creation of an online petition calling for Bieber’s deportation from the US. It was presented to President Barack Obama after it passed the 100,000-signature threshold required for a White House response.
- Pop Album of the Year (2011)
- Juno Fan Choice Award (2011)
- Juno Fan Choice Award (2012)
- Juno Fan Choice Award (2013)
- Juno Fan Choice Award (2014)
MuchMusic Video Awards
- UR FAVE: New Artist, MuchMusic Video Awards (2010)
- UR FAVE: Canadian Video, MuchMusic Video Awards (2010)
- International Video of the Year by a Canadian, MuchMusic Video Awards (2010)
- UR FAVE: Artist, MuchMusic Video Awards (2011)
- International Video of the Year by a Canadian, MuchMusic Video Awards (2011)
- UR FAVE: Artist/Group, MuchMusic Video Awards (2013)
American Music Awards
- Artist of the Year, American Music Awards (2010)
- Favorite Pop/Rock Male Artist, American Music Awards (2010)
- T-Mobile Breakthrough Artist, American Music Awards (2010)
- Favorite Pop/Rock Album, American Music Awards (2010)
- Artist of the Year, American Music Awards (2012)
- Favorite Pop/Rock Male Artist, American Music Awards (2012)
- Favorite Pop/Rock Album, American Music Awards (2012)
MTV Video Music Awards
- Best New Artist, MTV Video Music Awards (2010)
- Best Male, MTV Europe Music Awards (2010)
- Best Male Video, MTV Video Music Awards (2011)
MTV Europe Music Awards
- Best Push Act, MTV Europe Music Awards (2010)
- Best Male, MTV Europe Music Awards (2011)
- Best Pop, MTV Europe Music Awards (2011)
- Best Male, MTV Europe Music Awards (2012)
- Best Pop, MTV Europe Music Awards (2012)
- Best World Stage Performance, MTV Europe Music Awards (2012)
- Best Male, MTV Europe Music Awards (2013)
- Best Canadian Act, MTV Europe Music Awards (2013)
- Best North American Act, MTV Europe Music Awards (2013)
Teen Choice Music Awards
- Choice Music: Male Artist, Teen Choice Music Awards (2010)
- Choice Music: Breakout Male Artist, Teen Choice Music Awards (2010)
- Choice Summer Music Star: Male, Teen Choice Music Awards (2010)
- Choice Music: Pop Album, Teen Choice Music Awards (2010)
Teen Icon Awards
- Iconic Song, J-14 Teen Icon Awards (2010)
- Icon of the Year, J-14 Teen Icon Awards (2010)
- Iconic Twitter, J-14 Teen Icon Awards (2010)
- Iconic Male Star, J-14 Teen Icon Awards (2010)
Billboard Music Awards
- Fan Favorite, Billboard Music Awards (2011)
- Top Social Artist, Billboard Music Awards (2011)
- Top Streaming Artist, Billboard Music Awards (2011)
- Top New Artist, Billboard Music Awards (2011)
- Top Digital Media Artist, Billboard Music Awards (2011)
- Top Social Artist, Billboard Music Awards (2012)
- Top Social Artist, Billboard Music Awards (2013)
- Top Male Artist, Billboard Music Awards (2013)
- Milestone Award, Billboard Music Awards (2013)
Teen Choice Awards
- Choice Male Hottie, Teen Choice Awards (2011)
- Choice Music: Male Artist, Teen Choice Awards (2011)
- Choice TV: Villain, Teen Choice Awards (2011)
- Choice Twit, Teen Choice Awards (2011)
- Choice Music: Male Artist, Teen Choice Awards (2012)
- Choice Music: Single by a Male Artist, Teen Choice Awards (2012)
- Choice Red Carpet Fashion Icon: Male, Teen Choice Awards (2012)
- Choice Summer Music Star Male, Teen Choice Awards (2012)
- Choice Music: Male Artist, Teen Choice Awards (2013)
- Choice Twitter Personality, Teen Choice Awards (2013)
- Choice Music: Single by a Male Artist, Teen Choice Awards (2013)
Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice Awards
- Favorite Male Singer, Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice Awards (2011)
- Favorite Song, Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice Awards (2011)
- Favorite Male Singer, Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice Awards (2012)
- Favorite Male Singer, Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice Awards (2013)
Shockwaves NME Awards
- Least Stylish, Shockwaves NME Awards (2011)
- Villain of the Year, Shockwaves NME Awards (2011)
- Best Album, Shockwaves NME Awards (2012)
- Villain of the Year, Shockwaves NME Awards (2012)
Virgin Media Music Awards
- Best Solo Artist, Virgin Media Music Awards (2013)
- Best Album, Virgin Media Music Awards (2013)
- Best Solo Male, Virgin Media Music Awards (2011)
- Newcomer of the Year, Young Hollywood Awards (2010)
- Best International Act, TRL Awards (2010)
- International Artist, MTV Music Video Brazil (2010)
- Best New Artist, MTV Video Music Awards Japan (2011)
- International Breakthrough Act, Brit Awards (2011)
- International Breakthrough of the Year, NRJ Music Awards (2011)
- NRJ Award of Honor, NRJ Music Awards (2012)
- Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Medal, Government of Canada (2012)
Best Dance Recording (“Where are Ü Now,” shared with Skrillex and Diplo), Grammy Awards (2016)
Music of Justin Bieber
Justin Bieber Sample Justin Bieber's biggest hits on iTunes.
JUNO Awards The website for the JUNO Awards and the Canadian Music Hall of Fame. Scroll down the page to check out the latest award winners and music clips. Sample the latest JUNO Awards CD. From the Canadian Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences.
Paul demers, donate to the canadian encyclopedia this giving tuesday.
A donation to The Canadian Encyclopedia today will have an even greater impact due to a generous matching gift from an anonymous donor. Starting November 28 until December 5, 2023, all donations will be matched up to $10,000! All donations above $3 will receive a tax receipt. Thank you for your support of The Canadian Encyclopedia , a project of Historica Canada.