Indirect Measurement - Using Similar Triangles
Related Topics: More Lessons for Grade 8 Math Math Worksheets
Examples, solutions, videos, worksheets, stories, and songs to help Grade 8 students learn about indirect measurement (using similar triangles).
Indirect Measurement: Examples How to apply your knowledge of similar triangles and proportions to model real-life situations and to find unknown measurements indirectly. Example:
- A tree outside Ellie’s building casts a 125 foot shadow. At the same time of day, Ellie casts a 5.5 foot shadow. If Ellie is 4 feet 10 inches tall, how tall is the tree?
- Cameron is 5 ft tall and casts a 12 ft shadow. At the same time of day, a nearby building casts a 78 ft shadow. How tall is the building?
- The Empire State Building is 1250 ft. tall. At 3:00, Pablo stands next to the building and has an 8 ft. shadow. If he is 6 ft tall, how long is the Empire State Building’s shadow at 3:00?
We welcome your feedback, comments and questions about this site or page. Please submit your feedback or enquiries via our Feedback page.
indirect measurement using similar triangles
Resource types, all resource types, indirect measurement using similar triangles.
- Rating Count
- Price (Ascending)
- Price (Descending)
- Most Recent
Similar Figures / Indirect Measurement : Using Similar Triangles to Find Heights
Indirect Measurement using Similar Triangles
SIMILAR TRIANGLES & INDIRECT MEASUREMENT Word Problems with Graphic Organizers
Similar Triangles with Shadows Digital Activity
- Google Apps™
Similar Triangles Project with Indirect Measurement
- Word Document File
Indirect Measurement Lab - Hands On Proportions Activity using Mirrors
- Google Drive™ folder
Math Shadows Project (Proportions and Indirect Measurement )
Similar Triangles Indirect Measurement Outdoor Activity
Math 7 Virginia VA SOL 7.5 Similar Triangles and Indirect Measurement Lesson 8-5
Indirect Measurement Scaffolded Notes
- Google Docs™
Indirect Measurement Algebra Geometry Similar Triangles Proportion Diagrams
- Easel Activity
Angle-Angle Similarity & Indirect Measurement
- Google Slides™
Similar Figures- Indirect Measurement Notes
Geometry -- Similar triangles , Indirect Measurement
Geometry -- Similar triangles , Indirect Measurements
Geometry -- Similar triangles , Scale factor, Indirect Measurement
Similar Triangles Flagpole Investigation
Around the World in 80 Minutes: An Adventure in Indirect Measurement
Similar Triangles and Indirect Measurement Worksheet
Algebra 1 - Geometry ( Similar Triangles & Indirect Measurement ) 2 Google Forms
Indirect Measurement Lesson
Algebra 1 - Geometry ( Similar Triangles & Indirect Measurement ) Google Form #1
- We're hiring
- Help & FAQ
- Student privacy
- Terms of service
- Tell us what you think
If you're seeing this message, it means we're having trouble loading external resources on our website.
If you're behind a web filter, please make sure that the domains *.kastatic.org and *.kasandbox.org are unblocked.
High school geometry
Course: high school geometry > unit 4.
- Intro to triangle similarity
- Triangle similarity postulates/criteria
- Angle-angle triangle similarity criterion
Determine similar triangles: Angles
- Determine similar triangles: SSS
- Determining similar triangles
- Prove triangle similarity
- Triangle similarity review
- (Choice A) △ Q R S only A △ Q R S only
- (Choice B) △ T U V only B △ T U V only
- (Choice C) Both C Both
- (Choice D) Neither D Neither